Trap and skeet - .30 cents a target (Round of 25 = $7.50)
Sporting clays - .40 cents a target (50 Targets = $20)
Youth Target Foundation athletes (must have current membership to receive discount):
Trap and skeet - .20 cents a target
Sporting clays - .30 cents a target
You can sign up for a YTF membership at www.youthtargetfoundation.org
Military discount and first responders:
Trap and skeet - .25 cents a target (Round of 25 = $6.25)
Sporting clays - .35 cents a target (50 targets = $17.50)
Our Summer hours are Monday through Friday from 12:00pm to 8:00pm. Saturday and Sunday we are open from 9:00am to 6:00pm. Our hours are seasonal, please check back in the fall. Please check our home page for weather closings daily. Please be aware that the range will close if lightening or storms occur during the day, per managements discretion.
We recommend that you wear closed toed shoes and sleeved shirts for our outdoor terrain. We also advise that you have a vest or pouch to shoot with for safety purposes. Some pouches will be available for rent.
You can find this information at
Yes! We have 12 and 20 gauge ammo and guns available.
12 and 20 gauge shotguns are the most common shotguns, however any gauge smaller than 12 are allowed. Sawed off shotguns are not allowed on this range. We have 12 and 20 gauge guns available to rent. In regards to ammunition, 7.5, 8, and 9 shot ammunition are allowed but nothing larger than 7.5 can be shot at this range. Ear and eye protection is also mandatory at all times on the range. If you do not have your own, they are also available for purchase here. We will have water and soda available for purchase, as well as dry snacks (packages of chips, crackers, and cookies).
At DFW Clay Target Sports (DFW CTS), we go to great lengths to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our members and guests. In order to maintain our stringent levels of safety, we ask that all of our members and guests observe the following rules and regulations.
- Treat every gun as if it is always loaded.
- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Keep finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot. Ready to shoot means standing in the shooting stand, station or position, one shooter at a time.
No shooting except in designated stations and fields.
- No smoking or alcohol is allowed on our range at any time.
- Guns should be unloaded anytime they are not being used. Guns on "safe" do not count as being unloaded, they are loaded and must be unloaded unless they are getting ready to be shot in the correct shooters position.
- Keep the firearm(s) unloaded until you are ready to shoot. Actions should be open and visibly clear.
- Know how your firearm(s) operates. If unfamiliar then ask for help to learn how it operates.
- Know your ammunition. Shotguns, only 7½, 8, 9 shot can be used.
- Make sure you have read and understand range rules before entering range.
- Eye and ear protection is mandatory before entering any part of any course.
- Never cross the firing line and/or go down range for any reason.
- If there is a problem down range or with a clay target machine, call the RSO or DFW CTS staff and wait for further instructions.
- Please do not shoot at or around trap houses, skeet houses or clay target machines.
- Always unload firearms before changing shooters.
Never load more than 2 shells at a time.
Do not rest the muzzle of the gun on your foot or point the gun at any part of your body.
- Never hand a loaded firearm to someone for any reason.
- If a CEASE FIRE is called by anyone for any reason take your finger off the trigger, unload the firearm and wait for instructions from the RSO.
- Anyone can call a CEASE FIRE. If you see anything unsafe, call the CEASE FIRE and wait for instructions from the RSO
- If you are pregnant you need to check with your doctor for clearance before participating or entering the shooting area. DFW CTS highly advises against any shooting during pregnancy.
- Whenever you prepare to leave the shooting position, firearms should be unloaded with the action open and facing up for easy visual inspection.
- YOU are financially responsible for all damages that you cause to the range and its equipment.
DFW CTS is not responsible for any damage you cause to anyone else’s equipment.
Please keep your firearms in a safe case while driving around the facility.
Please remember that DFW CTS has trained instructors that can help you improve your shooting skills.
We are located at 13055 Cleveland-Gibbs Rd., Northlake, TX 76262. When you arrive, you will go through two stop signs and over a cattle guard to get to the range.
Yes! You can find a list of hotels and things to do here: http://www.youthtargetfoundation.org/Site/Team-Central/2017-YTF-Texas-State-Championship
Yes! We have leagues in the spring, summer, and fall. Contact us at email@example.com or call us at (940) 230-1033 for more information.
Yes! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (940) 230-1033 for more information regarding the availability of lessons.
Yes! We have corporate, charity, and individual event packages. To schedule or find more information, contact us at email@example.com or call us at (940) 230-1033.
Yes! We have golf carts available for a minimal fee.
There is no need; we provide targets at the range.
Yes, but they must be on a leash.
Yes, all children are allowed to be on the range. They must also have ear and eye protection at all times while on the range. Minimum age of 9 years for participation is recommended. Range management is permitted to discuss or override minimum age. Youth must be capable of safely handing a 28 or 20 gauge shotgun and mature enough to understand all safety rules. All youth shooters must be accompanied by an adult. Please ask range management if you have specific questions about minimum age. There is no age limit for shooters.
No, we only have facilities for shotguns.